In this article I list 5 simple coaching tips to sleep better at night and wake up in a good mood. As a coach based in Amsterdam I often talk to clients with sleeping problems.
If you have a tendency to wake up tired or nasty, this article is for you.
It is very important to go to sleep in a pleasant condition because this will determine the quality of your sleep.
Some of these tips you probably already know but some others can be surprising. Check it out.
Here are 5 coaching tips to sleep better at night:
- It is best to eat dinner 3 to 4 hours before going to sleep so that the digestion is over. Drink some water before going to bed.
- Take a luke warm shower in the evening. Have you noticed that when you feel stressed or tense a shower makes you feel better? Shower is not only about cleaning the skin but it is a kind of rudimentary purification beyond the cleaning. It will make you sleep better.
- Don’t sleep with your head pointing north. In an horizontal position, slowly the blood will get pulled towards your brain because of the magnetic pole (think of the compass). The blood vessels in the brain are very thin. If there is too much circulation in your brain, you cannot have a peaceful sleep.
- Light an organic oil lamp (sesame oil or any organic oil) with a cotton wick in the room where you sleep for few minutes and do some meditation if it is in your routine. It will make a difference.
- Before going to bed take a moment to think if your day was worthwhile. Imagine this is your last day on earth and ask yourself: “Today, the way I handled this day, was it worthwhile?” If you do this every evening your life will be worthwhile.
And for the morning, waking up suddenly with an alarm ringing in your ears is not the best way to start your day. So, think about how much sleep you need. Let’s say you need 8 hours of sleep. Go to bed early enough so that you wake up naturally.
Source: https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en Sadhguru, Indian yogi, mystic, and author.